Contact Jim Lamb *
- J.D., Wayne State University Law School
- B.A., University of Michigan
- Bar and Court Admissions
- District of Columbia
Jim Lamb represents federal and state candidates, U.S. Senators, Members of Congress , PACs, non-profit organizations, grassroots advocacy groups, media consultants, fundraising firms, corporations, and associations.
With more than 25 years of campaign, government service, and legal experience, Jim understands the pressure his clients face. He’s been there. Clients need answers to questions and problems solved — fast. Jim works closely with clients helping with all legal issues so they can focus on achieving their political goals and objectives.
Jim provides general counsel services, litigates cases, and conducts legal trainings. He regularly defends clients in investigations by state agencies and the Federal Election Commission. Jim has argued cases before the Vermont Supreme Court, the Louisiana Board of Ethics, and other state agencies. He was also successful in obtaining a ruling from The National Arbitration Forum in favor of Hillary Rodham Clinton regarding her rights to her Internet domain name.
- Ready for Hillary PAC – a federal super PAC organized in January 2013
- Manchin for West Virginia – Senator Joe Manchin’s campaign committee
- Levin for Congress – Congressman Sandy Levin’s campaign committee
- Andre Carson for Congress Committee – Congressman Carson’s campaign committee
- Bill Richardson for President – general counsel for 2008 presidential campaign committee.
- Americans for Stable Quality Care – a non-profit organization that spent over $70 million on ads supporting President Obama’s health care reform plan in 2009.
- Turnaround Detroit – Michigan Super PAC that supported Mike Duggan for Mayor.
- Committee for Justice & Fairness – an independent political organization that supports the election of Democratic attorney general candidates.
- Citizens for Affordable Energy – a 501(c)(3) organization that promotes a pragmatic approach to making energy affordable and sustainable with more energy from all sources, more technology for efficiency, more environmental protection, and more infrastructure.
- State Independent Expenditure PACs that support gubernatorial, attorney general, and other state candidates.
Campaign and Government Service Experience
- S. Senate Governmental Affairs Committee – Minority counsel on committee’s 1997 investigation of illegal or improper activities in connection with the 1996 presidential campaign (Ranking Member Senator John Glenn).
- Michigan Supreme Court Justice Marilyn Kelly – campaign manager for successful supreme court candidate in 1996.
- Congressman John D. Dingell – served as campaign manager and deputy district administrator in his Dearborn, Michigan office from 1991 to 1995.
- Michigan Democratic Party – executive assistant to state chairman F. Thomas Lewand from 1989 to 1991.
- S. Senator Donald W. Riegle – community development specialist for Senator Riegle’s Detroit regional office from 1987 to 1989.
Honors and Recognition
- Washingtonian Magazine, named one of Washington’s ‘Top Political Lawyers’ in 2013, 2011, 2009, and 2007.
- “National Arbitration Forum Issues Decision on Hillary Clinton Web Address” March 21, 2005, Panelist
- “Navigating Super PACs,” Campaigns & Elections (November 21, 2013)
- “Super PAC Ads,” Campaigns & Elections (June 2014)
March 10, 2014
Jim Lamb A Key Cog as Ready for Hillary Ramps Up
February 11, 2014
Jim Lamb Fights False Super PAC Ads
December 04, 2013
James Lamb Advising Ready for Hillary SuperPAC
May 22, 2013
Jim Lamb Defends Name of SuperPAC
November 08, 2012
Jim Lamb Fights Off RNC Attack Over Elephant Ad
* Sandler Reiff Lamb Rosenstein & Birkenstock, P.C. has created this website as a way to convey general information about the firm and our practice areas, and not to provide legal advice – you should not act on any information contained in this website without seeking your own legal counsel. No information on this website should be construed as legal advice, and nothing in this website will be deemed to create an attorney-client (or any other) relationship with you.
Additionally, under legal ethics rules, legal representation requires a mutual agreement for us to provide legal advice to you, or to represent you. Email sent to any of the firm’s lawyers will not create an attorney-client relationship, and will not be treated as confidential. Please do not send confidential information to us, unless and until a formal attorney-client relationship has been established.
Joshua Ian Rosenstein
John Hardin Young
Amanda La Forge
Jeffrey M. Wice